Unconscious and Implicit Bias – Evenings Part 2
January 24 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Date: Tuesdays, January 17, 24, and 31, 2023
Time: 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Facilitators: Launa Clark, Imagine Insitute
In these three-part evening sessions, participants will have the opportunity to learn more about how unconscious bias works and how it shows up in the places we are the most comfortable. Using research and activities this session will uncover how difficult conversations help uncover bias and how tough conversations are not confrontational but validating. No preparation is necessary, as you will all come with your biases, as we all have them.
- Understand unconscious bias and the ways it can show up.
- Explore ways bias shows up in the way we interact with colleagues.
- Increase communication skills related to bias with tools to support challenging conversations related to bias.
- Explore methods to help check bias in the way decisions are made.
Please note the following:
– Priority will be given to ECALA-funded agencies. If interest in the sessions exceeds availability, we will consider repeating the sessions in the spring
-This workshop is the same content as the January 23, 2023, Unconscious and Implicit Bias full-day session.
Click here to register.