ECALA offers Professional Development (PD) opportunities for our Community Adult Learning Program (CALP) grant recipients, their staff, and volunteers.
ECALA believes that building capacity within the community starts with building capacity within the educators. Our PD workshops help educators respond to the changing needs of their learners by:
- highlighting new facilitation strategies and tools,
- staying informed about research,
- discussing best practices for adult learners, and
- helping create connections within our communities of practice.
ECALA’s PD team offers relevant and practical workshops that cover current, diverse topics, strategies and tools that can be easily applied to your work. Below is a list of PD ECALA has offered in the past.
- Technology Lunch n Learns : Padlet, Zoom, Google/Microsoft Forms, etc.
- Classroom: Structure and Routine, Learner-Centred Practice, Working with Foundational Learners, etc.
- Operational: Report Writing, Outcome, Measurement and Evaluation, etc.
- Indigneous Ways of Knowing: Understanding the Medicine Wheel, Intergenerational Trauma, etc.
Check out our PD Calendar to see a current list of workshops we offer.
Educators have the opportunity to influence what PD ECALA offers. If you have ideas about what type of training you would like to see, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
The CALP PD system vision is to help “CALP staff strive for excellence in priority areas to change the lives of adult foundation learners.” ECALA works in partnership with the Community Learning Network, Calgary Learns, and Rural Routes to help CALP staff:
- acquire knowledge and skills they need
- actively engage in professional communities
- become leaders and actively shape the CALP PD System