ECALA is looking for new board members!
Come make a difference within our community alongside a friendly, inclusive and diverse team. Gain professional experience and use your valuable skill sets to help advance governance, structures, and processes which will support ECALA in its expansion and growth.
Edmonton Community Adult Learning Association (ECALA) is a granting council which provides funding to non-profit organizations to support the delivery of non-credit and part-time adult foundational learning and literacy initiatives. ECALA promotes the value of lifelong learning, adult foundational learning, and literacy through our vision “Everyone can learn”. Click here to learn more.
We value a diversity of skills and backgrounds on our board and welcome applications from individuals that reflect Edmonton’s diversity.
We are looking for someone who has:
- a professional background in leadership, management, finance, accounting, law, HR, community engagement, or communications;
- experience with non-profit Board governance and funding, or an interest in gaining experience in this area;
- the ability, motivation, and commitment to fulfill the varied responsibilities of the role;
- the desire to be an inclusive team player able to work with a diverse group of people.
- Commitment to a two-year term.
- A time commitment of approximately 10 hours a month. Board members are expected to attend one board meeting and one committee meeting each month, and to prepare for each when necessary.
- A police record check.
How to Apply:
By August 31st please apply using one of the options outlined below:
- Why you are interested in joining our board; and
- What strengths you would bring to the board.