ECALA is looking for new board members!
Do you want to contribute to positive change within our community? Would you thrive as a member of a friendly, inclusive, and diverse team? Are you a lifelong learner who is interested in growing your skillset as a professional, share your experience and use your valuable skill sets to help advance governance, structures, and processes that will support ECALA in community investment and growth?
Edmonton Community Adult Learning Association (ECALA) is a granting council that provides funding to non-profit organizations to support the delivery of non-credit and part-time adult foundational learning and literacy initiatives. ECALA promotes the value of lifelong learning, adult foundational learning, and literacy through our vision “Everyone can learn”. Click here to learn more.
We value a diversity of skills and backgrounds on our Board and welcome applications from individuals that reflect Edmonton’s diversity.
We are looking for someone who has:
- A professional background in leadership, management, finance, accounting, law, HR, community engagement, or communications;
- Experience with non-profit Board governance and funding, or interest to gain experience in this area;
- The ability, motivation, and commitment to fulfil the varied responsibilities of the role;
- The desire to be an inclusive team player able to work with a diverse group of people.
- Commitment to a two-year term.
- A time commitment of approximately 5 hours a month. Board members are expected to attend one board meeting and one committee meeting each month and to prepare for each when necessary.
- A police record check.
How to Apply:
ECALA Board Member Posting Revised February 2023.
Please apply using one of the options outlined below:
Option 1: please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Option 2: Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know
- Why you are interested in joining our board?
- What strengths you would bring to the board?