Everyone has wisdom
Assume the best intent
ECALA strives to make all training a positive and relevant learning experience for all who attend. ECALA endeavours to provide a welcoming, healthy and safe space where “Everyone Can Learn.” ECALA will continue to offer our training online until further notice.
To ensure that all ECALA PD opportunities are respectful, engaging and supportive, we have the following expectations during training:
- Review reminder email for information on any documents you may need during the session
- Arrive on time and ready to participate.
- Respect others’ points of view. We can agree to disagree.
- Treat all personal comments as confidential and assume that others will too.
- Be prepared to share. Everyone has something to contribute to the discussion. Allow and encourage others to contribute to discussions.
- Try to have one person speak at a time. Side conversations are distracting for those in the session.
- Listen actively and attentively.
- Ask questions if you do not understand.
- Keep your comments to the topic at hand.
- ECALA reserves the right to ask participants to leave if their conduct is considered disruptive or inappropriate.
ECALA strives to make sure that any training or workshop we offer is accessible to all organizations and individuals.
All PD opportunities require the completion of a registration form. The form will contain details about the training, such as a training description, objectives, date, time, location, and other pertinent information. ECALA has recently added a field on our registration form to indicate preferred pronouns to create a safe and respectful learning opportunity. Once ECALA has received your registration, you will receive a confirmation email.
Each training will have a minimum and a maximum number of participants. Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis. Once registrations have reached the maximum number or the session is within three days, the registration will close. ECALA reserves the right to cancel the session if the minimum number is not reached one week before the session.
We understand that you may have to withdraw from training. Please notify a member of our PD team as soon as possible to let them know that you cannot attend. Early notification allows us to fill your space or better prepare for the session.