ECALA Training Fees
ECALA strives to make sure that any training or workshop we offer is accessible to all organizations and individuals. Registration fees are per person and based on a cost recovery basis. Your registration fee includes training costs, refreshments and materials. Registration fees may be higher for some workshops which require facilitators to travel from areas outside of Edmonton. Fees must be received by ECALA on or before the session. ECALA accepts cash or cheques only for the exact amount of the assigned fee.
Currently ECALA training fees are as follows:
All PD opportunities require the completion of a registration form. The form will contain details about the workshop or training such as: a workshop description, objectives fate and time, location, cost and other pertinent information.
The following information will be required to complete a registration:
- Contact information (email and phone)
- Allergies or dietary restrictions
- Billing information
Once ECALA has received your registration, you will receive a confirmation email and an invoice from email@example.com. Payment must be received on or before the session starts.
Each workshop/training will have a minimum/maximum number of participants. Registration is on a first come first serve basis. Once the maximum is met, the registration will close. If the minimum is not met ten days prior to the session it will be cancelled. Any fees collected will be refunded or can be applied to another session.
We understand that you may have to withdraw from a workshop/training. To cancel your registration please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. If you cancel your registration within ten working days of the training, you are eligible for a refund of 50% of the registration cost. If you cancel after that date, you are not eligible for a refund.
To ensure that all ECALA PD opportunities are respectful, engaging and supportive, we have the following expectations of those in attendance:
- Be aware that ECALA is a scent free Office.
- Arrive on time and ready to participate.
- Come prepared to the training. There may be pre-reading to be done prior to the training. Bring materials to take accurate notes.
- Be prepared to share. Everyone has something to contribute to the discussion. Allow and encourage others to contribute to discussions.
- Only one person speaking at a time. Side conversations are distracting for those in the session.
- Listen actively and attentively
- Ask questions if you do not understand.
- Confine your comments to the topic at hand.
- Respect others’ point of view. We can agree to disagree.
- Treat all personal comments as confidential and assume that others will too.
- Turn your cell phone to silent if you are unable to turn them off. We understand there may be times you need to step out of the room in case of an emergency. Plan to respond to non-emergency calls at scheduled breaks.
- Make this a positive learning experience. Practice kindness and respect.
- ECALA reserves the right to ask participants to leave if behaviour is deemed unacceptable.