Everyone has wisdom
Assume best intent
ECALA strives to make all training a positive and relevant learning experience for all who attend. ECALA endeavors to provide a welcoming, healthy and safe space where “Everyone Can Learn”. To support the needs of everyone who participates in the professional development sessions, ECALA offices and learning spaces are designated scent-free spaces. Please be mindful of soaps, lotions and other scented products. We also ask that if you are not feeling well that you contact us to arrange alternative options for participation. The Alberta Health Services website provides more helpful information.
ECALA is following the COVID-19 Relaunch Guidance Post-secondary Institutions, the Workplace Guidance for Business Owners, and the Return to Work Guidelines of our office complex.
Registration is required for all training and Community Conversations. Contact email@example.com if you have any questions or if you cannot participate in the PD session you have registered for.
ECALA reserves the right to ask participants to leave if there conduct is deemed unacceptable.
To ensure that you are prepared for your ECALA PD we have the following expectation before training:
- Review reminder email for information on any documents you may need to bring or review.
To ensure that all ECALA PD opportunities are respectful, engaging and supportive, we have the following expectations during training:
- Arrive on time and ready to participate.
- Respect others’ point of view. We can agree to disagree.
- Treat all personal comments as confidential and assume that others will too.
- Be prepared to share. Everyone has something to contribute to the discussion. Allow and encourage others to contribute to discussions.
- Only one person speaking at a time. Side conversations are distracting for those in the session.
- Listen actively and attentively.
- Ask questions if you do not understand.
- Keep your comments to the topic at hand.
- Turn your cell phone to silent if you are unable to turn them off. We understand there may be times you need to step out of the room in case of an emergency. Plan to respond to non-emergency calls at scheduled breaks.
ECALA Training Fees have been suspended while training is done online.
ECALA strives to make sure that any training or workshop we offer is accessible to all organizations and individuals. Registration fees are per person and based on a cost-recovery basis. Your registration fee includes training costs, refreshments and materials. Registration fees may be higher for some workshops which require facilitators to travel from areas outside of Edmonton. Fees must be received by ECALA on or before the session. ECALA accepts cash or cheques only for the exact amount of the assigned fee.
Currently ECALA training fees are as follows:
All PD opportunities require the completion of a registration form. The form will contain details about the training such as a training description, objectives date, time, location, cost, and other pertinent information. ECALA has recently added a field on our registration form to indicate preferred pronoun as part of creating a safe and respectful learning opportunity.
Once ECALA has received your registration, you will receive a confirmation email.
Each training will have a minimum and maximum number of participants. Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis. Once the maximum is met, the registration will close. If the minimum is not met prior to the session it will be cancelled. Any fees collected will be refunded or can be applied to another session.
We understand that you may have to withdraw from training. To cancel your registration please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. If you cancel your registration within ten working days of the training, you are eligible for a refund. If you cancel after that date, you are not eligible for a refund but you can transfer your registration to another staff member.