We will share professional opportunities or job posting from our community when they arise. If you have a posting you would like us to feature, please email email@example.com.
The Candora Society
English Language Learning Instructor
Position: 35 hours per week
Deadline to apply: October 20, 2019
Key responsibilities for the position:
• Develop learner-centred and inclusive lessons, utilize appropriate themes and plans for a variety
of learning levels;
• Facilitate ongoing ELL classes to diverse groups of adults with a variety of English abilities
• Provide support to participants at their individual learning levels;
• Participate as part of Candora’s Adult Program team to collaborate with co-facilitators
concurrently delivering an ELL component within other agency programs;
• Support the writing of reports and funding proposals;
• Develop and implement evaluation surveys and or assessment tools;
• Register, interview and track participants;
• Supervise ELL volunteers;
• Schedule and coordinate field trips and guest speakers;
• Participate in community connecting activities
• Provide monthly reports;
• Other related duties as required
To learn more: ELL Instructor Job Posting Oct 2019
Position: 32 hours per week
Deadline to apply: October 18, 2019, or until a suitable candidate is found
Do you believe in the benefits of life-long learning for adults?
Would you like to support programs that make a difference for adult foundational learners?
Do you have experience in writing and administering grants?
The Grants Liaison position will report to the Executive Director and visit funded programs, assist
organizations with proposal concepts, process ECALA proposals and reports. The Grants Liaison will also support communication activities, networking and training with funded agencies, government staff, and other stakeholders within the mandate of Alberta Advanced Education Community Adult Learning Program (CALP) Grant.
To learn more: ECALA Grant Liaison Job Posting September 2019
P.A.L.S- Project Adult Literacy Society
Deadline to apply: November 12, 2019
The Board of Directors is seeking a full-time Executive Director familiar with both the literacy and non-profit sector who will build on the society’s mission, vision and values.
The Executive Director holds a key leadership position in the Society. Under the authority of the board, the Executive Director assumes complete responsibility for carrying out assigned policies and regulations. The Executive Director has the authority to direct the implementation of the organization’s programs and services and is responsible for the management of all staff members and volunteers.
To learn more: P.A.L.S Executive Director Posting