ECALA is very excited to be working closely with the adult learning community in Edmonton to collectively develop our 2020-2023 Strategic Directions. The deliverables for the Project include:
- Understanding funding barriers for organizations and discussing innovative solutions to address the barriers
- Testing for alignment of data shared by adult learning organizations leadership, program staff, and learners with new and relevant research
- Sharing the data and Final Report with funded organizations and the adult learning community
- Determining ECALA’s Strategic Direction and funding priorities based on the information shared by the project participants
To help inform the project’s direction, we held a Community Conversation with our funded-program leadership staff in June and a second conversation on July 16th with participants from the City of Learners and a range of literacy organizations and funders. The discussions and ideas generated from the first Community Conversation led to the development of the following mind maps:
In addition to the Community Conversations, organizations, practitioners and learners can participate and influence the Project in many ways, such as:
- Hosting a focus group with adult learners
- Attending a community conversation
- Encouraging adult learners and staff to complete the project surveys
We need your help to ensure our learners’ voices are part of this project. Learners can influence the direction of our project by participating in our Learner Survey. Organizations and practitioners of ECALA-funded organizations can administer the Learner Survey in their courses and learning opportunities prior to October 31st, 2019. All responses will be confidential and learners who complete the survey will have an opportunity to be entered into a draw to win a Samsung Tablet or one of five $20.00 Tim Hortons gift cards. Click here to access the electronic version of the Learner Survey and here to access a PDF version.
Your voice is equally important to us. Practitioners and ECALA-funded program staff can participate in the project by taking our ECALA Agency Survey. Click here to access the electronic version of the Agency Survey and click here to access a PDF version.
If you or your learners want to share your thoughts directly with the contractors for the project, AndersonDraper Consulting, contact Sean Draper at email@example.com. To discuss the project call or email Debbie Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org.