Trauma Informed Care
March 14 @ 9:00 am - 3:30 pm
Date: Monday, March 14, 2022
Time: 9:00 am – 3:30 pm
Facilitator: Line Perron, Imagine Institute
Did you know that there are ways of responding to trauma that are often confused with personality traits? In this one-day session, we will explore the impact of trauma, the different ways it shows up in individuals and ways in which we can create trauma-informed interactions. We will explore the 6 principles of trauma-informed care and how they can be translated into a virtual classroom. Trauma-informed care aims to provide services in ways that recognize the client’s need for emotional and physical safety, as well as provide the opportunity for client choice, control and collaboration (Arthur et al., 2013).
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
– Define trauma and understand the different types of trauma
– Identify the signs and symptoms of trauma
– Understand the impacts and effects of trauma
– Define and understand trauma-informed practice
– Identify the main principles of trauma-informed practice
– Understand how to implement trauma-informed principles
– Recognize the impact working with trauma can have on a practitioner and understand the importance of self-care and reflective practice
You will receive an email with a confirmation of your registration.
Click here to register.