This program has passed.
English for Community Integration – Intermediate – Syrian Family Support Office
September 13, 2021 - June 30, 2022
This class is designed for intermediate English Language Learners, specifically for immigrant and refugee women with young children.
In this class, You will explore new places in our city and practice English with family and friends. Here are some of the activities we will enjoy:
- listening to stories about Canadian history
- Visits to nature trails and parks in the city of Edmonton
- Practice speaking English through one-to-one and group interviews with the instructor
- Practice reading English through activities such as word labelling
- Practice writing English by contributing to class newsletter/blog post
These activities will take place two times a week. We will follow the provincial health guidelines in place. Come and enjoy making new friends as you practice conversation, reading and writing in English! Children are welcome.