Our Journey Together- A Community Gathering to Build Relationships
Date: November 21st
Time: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Join the Network of Indigenous Funders of Alberta for a day of networking, learning, relationship building and collaboration.
The Network of Indigenous Funders of Alberta (NIFA) is hosting a free gathering as an opportunity to bring together funding agencies, Indigenous agencies, Indigenous serving agencies and the Indigenous community at large to build relationships and offer learning opportunities. The theme of the day will be networking, collaborations and culture.
Lunch and refreshments will be provided. The day’s agenda is listed below:
- 8:00 a.m. – 8:45 a.m. Light Breakfast and Registration (Smudge Available)
- 8:45 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. Emcee Introduction and Welcome
- 9:00 a.m. – 9:25 a.m. Welcome and Opening Prayer, Greetings from Councillor Paquette
- 9:35 a.m. – 11:05 a.m. C5 Collaboration Panel (Corinne Saad, Cheryl Whiskeyjack, Erick Ambtman, Krysta Fitzgerald)
- 11:05 a.m. – 11:15 p.m. Snack and Break
- 11:15 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. Creating A Culture of Support: Indigenous Sharing Networks (Lethbridge, Calgary, and Edmonton Indigenous Sharing Networks )
- 12:20 p.m. – 1:10 p.m. Lunch
- 1:15 p.m. – 2:15 p.m. Conversation Café
- 2:20 p.m. – 3:20 p.m. Breakout Sessions (1. Evaluation with Indigenous Lens, 2. Practice as Ceremony, 3. Decolonizing Funding)
- 3:25 p.m. – 3:40 p.m. Snack and break
- 3:45 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. Elder reflections and wisdom
- 4:35 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. Wrap up, audience reflections, evaluation forms
The Coast West Edmonton Hotel & Conference Centre is offering a discount to event attendees. Room rates are $89 (plus applicable tax and fees) per night. This deal is only available for November 20 and 21, 2019 and there are limited rooms available. Rooms must be booked by November 10th to qualify for this rate. Rooms can be booked using the following link.
Click here to register: Our Journey Together