The Government of Alberta, through Advanced Education, provides funding to granting councils and agencies across Alberta to support the delivery of part-time, non-formal adult learning opportunities. The Edmonton Community Adult Learning Association (ECALA) is the granting council for Edmonton’s urban centre. ECALA distributes over $1.14 million dollars annually to non-profit organizations to provide Community Adult Learning Program (CALP) opportunities for adult Edmontonians who face social and financial barriers to learning.
ECALA funds foundational learning programs from July 1st to June 30th every year. In order to receive funding from ECALA, organizations must be a legal entity incorporated for a minimum of two years under one of the following Alberta Statutes: The Societies Act, Part 9 of the Companies Act, the Libraries Act, the Métis Settlements Act, and the Post-Secondary Learning Act. In cases where the Service Organization is not a legal entity, a Legal Host approved by the department may receive the grant on behalf of the service organization. Organizations must also operate as an effective not-for-profit service organization with sound practices in governance, and in the planning and management of programs, finances, and personnel.
2020/2021 Call for Proposals
ECALA funding is only attainable through our annual Call for Proposals. Our 2020/2021 Call for Proposals is now open. If you have any questions about the proposal process or the eligibility of your program, please read our 2020-2021 ECALA Proposal & Funding Guidelines (PDF) and call 780-415-5520. The deadline to apply for 2020/2021 funding is January 24th, 2020.
Click the links below to view sample copies of the documents within our 2020/2021 Proposal Package. If you are interested in obtaining the complete 2020/2021 Proposal Package, email email@example.com.
- 2020-2021 ECALA Measurement & Evaluation Tracking (SAMPLE)
- 2020-2021 ECALA Organization Summary (SAMPLE)
- 2020-2021 ECALA Proposal & Funding Guidelines (SAMPLE)
- 2020-2021 ECALA Proposal Declaration and Authorization (SAMPLE)
- 2020-2021 ECALA Category Application (SAMPLE)
- 2020-2021 ECALA Financial Template Revised (SAMPLE)
- 2020-2021 ECALA Funded Program Staff Table (SAMPLE)
2020/2021 Indigenous Expression of Interest
As part of our ongoing Engaging Indigenous Learners initiative, we release an annual call for Expressions of Interest for ECALA Indigenous program funding. Based on the teachings from our initiative, our Indigenous Advisory Committee recommended that we adopt an Indigenous funding application process similar to Calgary Learns which requires a call for funding that is separate from our Regular Program Call for Proposals. Those interested in receiving ECALA funding for Indigenous programming have until January 31st, 2020 to submit an application. With the exception of the proposal process, all Indigenous funding applications must adhere to ECALA’s 2020/2021 Proposal & Funding Guidelines.
If you are not an ECALA member organization, please read our Proposal and Funding Guidelines and contact us before submitting an application. Click the links below to view sample copies of the documents within our 2020/2021 Indigenous Stream Proposal Package. If you are interested in obtaining the complete 2020/2021 Indigenous Stream Proposal Package, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2020-2021 ECALA Indigenous Organization Summary SAMPLE
- 2020-2021 ECALA Indigenous Stream Declaration and Authorization
- 2020-2021 ECALA Indigenous Stream Financial Template SAMPLE
- 2020-2021 Indigenous Proposal Funding Guidelines
- 2020-2021 ECALA Funded Program Staff Table SAMPLE
- 2020-2021 ECALA Indigenous Category Application SAMPLE
- 2020-2021 ECALA Indigenous Measurement & Evaluation Tracking SAMPLE
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.